I decided to register Indi for a FCI obedience (GG in Dutch) competition and participate in training mode. In training mode you run all exercises as everybody else, but you can talk to the dog as much as you want (without disturbing the other participants) and you can also use a toy reward (no ball, no trowing toys, no food). You don't get any points, or if you do they don't count officially, but the judge will give an evaluation of your performance. I think it's a great idea!
Given the small amount of training we did in the past winter, Indi behaved very well and stayed focused the whole time. Heeling is definitely our favorite exercise, and I'm happy to see comments like "attent" and "good tempo/temper(?)". Overall we are a "leuke combinatie" (nice team)! I came home with a list of things we have to improve, let's see how far we get...
![]() |
| Comments from the judge |

No comments:
Post a Comment