One of the things I like the most about the winter team competition (Wintercompetitie) is the ribbons! You get a ribbon for each clean run in both agility and jumping, regardless of your placement. The ribbons are distributed at the end of each run, when you go to collect your own from a pile in a box: however, you are allowed to pick one from the first layer only, you can't dig for your favorite color. It's funny how sometimes you have to wait until your favorite color surface up!
Also, depending on the competition, you may get an extra ribbon if you place within the first 5 to 10 handlers in the three categories combined in agility or jumping. Last but not least, in the finals there's a ribbon for the first 5 teams in each group (3 groups in total this year, with approx. 70 dogs each).
Despite my still-not-so-good tendon, Sunday I run in the finals for the 2011-2012 Wintercompetitie, and I came home with 3 ribbons! A clean run in agility (yep, contacts were good at last!), a third place in the three categories combined (approx. 200 dogs, after two border collies and first medium) and a fourth place with my TotalTouch team. In jumping I screwed up with a serpentine and got us eliminated. I was lucky this time with the colors: fucsia, which let's face it goes perfectly with poodles, and silver, which goes great with Indi!
Next year the tournament is going to be even bigger, with more groups...so I'm looking forward to it already! Big thanks as usual to my team mates, tot volgende jaar!
Related post: It's winter time! - Bye bye Wintercompetitie! - Start line...what is that? [Wintercompetitie 13 Feb 2011]


WOW ! Congratulations to your and your dog's wins :) Great !
ReplyDelete